We know that pay and benefits are important, so we have put in place a very competitive package.
We benchmark our rates of pay annually against the private sector – including the big accountancy firms – as well as the public sector to make sure that what we offer remains competitive and attractive to the talented people we are looking to recruit and retain.
This is what we offer:-
- A very competitive starting salary with increases each year. In London, graduates start on £27,432. In Newcastle, it’s £21,825.
- Your salary then rises throughout your training, taking into account your exam successes, to around £35,000 in London and £29,000 in Newcastle.
- After qualifying, you may be offered a permanent position as one of our Audit Principals. This brings a starting salary of around £48,000 in London and over £39,000 in Newcastle. Your pay will be reviewed each year taking into account your performance.
- A very attractive and secure pension scheme which provides a range of attractive benefits funded through significant employer contributions
- 25 weeks of college and study leave over the 3 year programme and during these blocks you will not have the added pressure of having to work at the same time
- Annual leave entitlement of 22 days as a trainee plus 8 public holidays. Once you complete your training you will have 27 days leave and after 5 years in the NAO you will get 32 days
- Payment of your professional subscriptions
- An on-site gym and activity centre at our London Office and the option of a cash subsidy for local gym membership for colleagues in Newcastle
- The option of an interest free season ticket loan for travel
- Childcare vouchers
- On-line staff discount scheme offering discounts on a range of products and activities.
- Free health checks with a Doctor