|Date:||Wednesday, 28 March 2018|
|Time:||08:45 for 09:30 – 15:45|
This Inside Government Forum will enable local authorities to discover, share and discuss alternative income streams in light of increasingly tight budget constraints. Participants will hear an update from leading policy experts and organisations on support available to maximise income generation, and hear from a number of best practice case studies from local authorities who have implemented innovative and successful income generation initiatives to improve service delivery and sustainability.
Keynote speakers include:
- Aileen Murphie, Director for Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government Value for Money, National Audit Office (NAO)
- Councillor Peter Fleming, Deputy Chairman, Local Government Association (LGA)
- Sophie Broadfield, Deputy Director, Local Government Finance Reform, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG)
- Simon Bandy, Strategy Director, Local Partnerships
Aileen Murphie will speak on ‘Ensuring Local Authorities Remain Sustainable and Deliver Value for Money’, including:
- Ensuring local authorities possess the capacity and accountability structures to implement successful income generation strategies and are ensuring sustainable use of public funds
- Analysing the success of business rates retention
- Outlining how, in view of decreasing central funding and increasing capital requirements, local authorities can comply with NAO value for money requirements
- Understanding the interactions between revenue and capital expenditure
Register online at the Inside Government website.