|Date:||6 June 2019|
|Venue:||Hallam Conference Centre, |
44 Hallam St, Marylebone, London W1W 6JJ
Inside Government is an independent organisation, which works closely with and for Government in order to provide practitioners with forums in which to debate and disseminate current thinking and information. We are advised by an advisory board including the Rt. Hon Cheryl Gillan MP, and aim to provide arenas where the latest key governmental and related thinking can be relayed to those who will be enriched by hearing it. All forums are made accessible to a wide variety of organisations and we facilitate a comprehensive representation of organisations.
Aileen Murphie, Director of Local Government Value for Money, will be guest speaking in the afternoon. Her presentation is titled “Identifying and Overcoming Barriers to Deliver Integrated Health and Social Care” and will focus on:
- Outlining the findings from the The Health and Social Care Interface Report, July 2018, which identifies sixteen challenges to improved joint working, including a lack of understanding of how each sector makes decisions.
- Examining how new STP arrangements have encouraged more transparency but caused some local authority partners to feel sidelined in a process which appeared NHS-led.
- Discussing progress made in the Better Care Fund and highlighting the barriers which has prevented it from achieving it’s expected value for money target, such as lack of time to fully develop effective spending plans.
- Considering the future for integrated health and social care and the next steps to be taken to facilitate more collaboration to achieve the government’s integration goals.
- Sharing best practice in delivering effective integrated health and social care, such as tackling the challenge of workforce collaboration through establishing multi-disciplinary teams or expanding roles.
For more information, please go to the Inside Government website.