America Square Conference Centre, London 25 April
The Safeguarding Children Conference is ideally timed to review your safeguarding policies and practices. Big changes are expected with the Children and Social Work Bill making its way through parliament and recommendations from the Wood Report beginning to be implemented. There has never been a better time to explore new ways of working and to promote innovation and whole system transformation of local safeguarding children services.
The National Audit Office 2016 Review into Child Protection shone a spotlight on the effectiveness and efficiency of child protection services, calling for a rapid improvement in service provision.
Bringing together key stakeholders from the police, education, health, local and central government, this conference covers not-to-miss topics including:
- Redesigning services and developing new models of evidence based child protection
- Reviewing the role and functions of the Local Safeguarding Children Boards and Serious Case Reviews
- Preventing and investigating instances of child sexual abuse
- Safeguarding unaccompanied asylum seeking and refugee children
- Protecting children from the risk of radicalisation and online abuse
Attend this conference to ensure that your safeguarding measures are effective and you are fully equipped to build on good safeguarding practices.
NAO Director Ashley McDougall is speaking