We aim to be at the leading edge of public service accountability and we believe that on-going training and development is essential to our continued success. We therefore invest in the development of all our people and take career development very seriously. As well as our first class professional training scheme we provide a range of ongoing learning opportunities designed to develop your leadership and management, client knowledge, personal effectiveness and technical skills.
Every March we run ‘Learnfest’, a week of events featuring keynote speakers who’ve excelled in their fields and training on everything from mindfulness to cheese tasting. These sessions broaden our people’s development beyond their core work and offer opportunities to network with people from across the office in a fun and informal setting.
We recognise that the graduate trainee scheme will present a steep learning curve for you. Our aim is to equip you with the skills you need to develop into a well-rounded professional and to maximise your potential whether that be as a manager or a technical specialist. We do this by offering the following:
- A broad range of learning experiences to further develop your skills and knowledge
- Formal training courses covering the latest accounting and auditing techniques
- Comprehensive support network, including Managers who will support you in your professional and career development and talented colleagues who are always keen to pass on their knowledge and expertise.
- An NAO ‘buddy’ from our more experienced trainees, who will be on hand to answer any questions you have during those first few months.
- Talent programmes which identify, support and develop those with the potential to reach our most senior levels.