We aim to equip you with the skills you need to develop into a well-rounded professional and maximise your potential, whether that be as manager or a technical specialist. Our approach to learning recognises the importance of a broad range of learning experiences. You’ll learn the most from the variety of work you’ll be doing and will further develop your skills and knowledge by learning from talented colleagues who are always keen to pass on their knowledge. You’ll also attend formal training courses covering the latest accounting and auditing techniques as well as a range of personal effectiveness courses.
We recognise that making the step from studying for your A levels to working in a professional environment, or changing career direction, can be a daunting prospect. We therefore aim to make this transition as easy as possible by providing all the necessary training and support you’ll need to be successful. We do this by offering the following:
- A broad range of learning experiences to further develop your skills and knowledge
- Formal training courses covering the latest accounting and auditing techniques
- Comprehensive support network, including Managers who will support you in your professional and career development and talented colleagues who are always keen to pass on their knowledge and expertise.
- An NAO ‘buddy’ from our more experienced trainees, who will be on hand to answer any questions you have during those first few months.
- Talent programmes which identify, support and develop those with the potential to reach our most senior levels.