The National Audit Office has prepared this briefing for the Home Affairs Select Committee to support the Committee’s inquiry into the new landscape of policing.Jump to downloads
This briefing is designed to provide members of the Home Affairs Select Committee with:
- An introduction to the future landscape of policing
- An overview of the key issues arising from how the Committee of Public Accounts’ “Fundamentals of Accountability” would apply to the evolving landscape of policing including:
- Roles and responsibilities of Policing;
- The framework for accountability in Policing;
- Local accountability arrangements;
- National delivery roles;
- The Home Office’s responsibility for Policing, and
- National and local audit arrangements.
- A financial analysis of publicly available data on police expenditure and Forces’ plans to deal with reductions in central grant funding.
- 1012-policing-landscape-briefing.pdf (.pdf — 310 KB)