This memorandum has been prepared for the Health Committee to support its review of public expenditure. It sets out how the NHS, supported by the Department of Health, plans to deliver efficiency savings of up to £20 billion by 2014-15.Jump to downloads
This memorandum covers:
- how savings targets have been set across individual trusts and other health bodies;
- how those bodies plan to secure the necessary savings locally;
- how the Department and NHS plan to monitor progress; and
- how innovative practice is being shared.
The memorandum does not evaluate the progress against the planned efficiency savings as it is too soon to do so; monitoring of the delivery plans started in April 2011.
- NAO_briefing_Delivering_efficiency_savings_NHS.pdf (.pdf — 421 KB)