This briefing is intended to facilitate the Environmental Audit Committee’s further work on climate change.Jump to downloads
This briefing is intended to provide the evidence base to enable the Committee to take forward further work on climate change. The briefing is structured as follows:
- Part 1 provides the background to climate change policy in the UK;
- Part 2 describes the sources of greenhouse gas emissions in the UK, trends and progress towards targets;
- Part 3 gives an overview of the UK’s current policy instruments designed to mitigate climate change;
- Part 4 presents a series of options for future Committee inquiries.
- Climate_change.pdf (.pdf — 414 KB)