The NAO Annual Report and Accounts 2021-22 provides details about our work and performance.Jump to downloads
Our purpose is to support Parliament in holding government to account and to help improve public services through our high-quality audits. This report sets out how we have fulfilled this role in 2021-22.
Key highlights include:
- Publishing of 58 major outputs, comprising value-for-money and wider assurance reports
- Producing reports on a wide range of issues, with 15 on COVID-19 and 18 on other long-term areas such as devolution, big infrastructure projects, the effect of EU Exit, and the use of technology and data to transform services.
- Publishing 13 lessons learned and good practice guides
- Certifying 400 public bodies’ accounts
- Achieving positive financial impacts across the public sector of £874 million
- Supporting 69 Public Accounts Committee evidence sessions
- Making progress against the objectives in our five-year strategy.
We have published an additional Diversity & Inclusion Annual Report which summarises our progress and activities against our Diversity & Inclusion Strategy and highlights key areas of focus for 2021-25.
- Report - NAO Annual Report and Accounts 2021-22 (.pdf — 15 MB)
- ePub - NAO Annual Report and Accounts 2021-22 (.epub — 47 MB)