This briefing is designed to provide members of the Home Affairs Select Committee with:
- An introduction to the future landscape of policing
- An overview of the key issues arising from how the Committee of Public Accounts’ “Fundamentals of Accountability” would apply to the evolving landscape of policing including:
- Roles and responsibilities of Policing;
- The framework for accountability in Policing;
- Local accountability arrangements;
- National delivery roles;
- The Home Office’s responsibility for Policing, and
- National and local audit arrangements.
- A financial analysis of publicly available data on police expenditure and Forces’ plans to deal with reductions in central grant funding.