This briefing is based upon interviews with a range of ECGD staff, a review of procedural documentation, and an analysis of data for guarantees and insurances issued since 2000. We have also included in an Annex a small sample of case studies in order to illustrate how the procedures operate in practice.
The briefing is structured as follows:
- Background and statutory remit of ECGD (paragraphs 7 – 12)
- ECGD facilities and processes (13 – 18)
- The Mission and Status Review and the Business Principles (19 – 25)
- Case impact analysis procedures and their coverage (26 – 50)
- Analysis of the portfolio (51 – 57)
- Applying wider government policies (58 – 66)