To manage complex capital investment programmes utilising private finance each department must undertake six functions:
- Implement and influence PPP, PFI and commercial policy
- Manage PPP and PFI projects within programmes
- Control the quality of PFI and PPP projects in procurement
- Support operational PPP and PFI projects to ensure they achieve their benefits
- Manage the market of operators and investors
- Embed continuous improvement in PPP and PFI projects and programmes
This current best practice model sets out these functions, the tasks associated with each, what good looks like, and case studies of how Departments are currently implementing them.