The NAO has today published an investigation of two grants awarded by the Big Lottery Fund and one awarded by the Cabinet Office to three related organisations.Jump to downloads
The National Audit Office has today published an investigation of two grants awarded by the Big Lottery Fund and one awarded by the Cabinet Office to three related organizations.
The investigation is in response to questions raised by Gareth Thomas MP, the former shadow Minister for Civil Society.
These grants were:
- The Big Lottery Fund’s grant of £830,000 in February 2011 to the Big Society Network for the Your Square Mile project.
- The Big Lottery Fund’s grant of £997,960 in April 2013 to the Society Network Foundation for the Britain’s Personal Best project.
- The Cabinet Office’s grant of £299,800 in April 2012 to the Society Network Foundation for the Get In project.
This investigation focused on whether the Big Lottery Fund and the Cabinet Office followed their own procedures in soliciting and assessing the initial bid applications, monitoring project progress and making payments to the projects.
- Investigation-into-grants-from-the-Big-Lottery-Fund-and-the-Cabinet-Office-to-the-Big-Society-Network-and-the-.pdf (.pdf — 192 KB)
- Investigation-into-grants-from-Big-Lottery-Fund-the-Cabinet-Office-Big-Society-Network-Society-Network-Foundat.pdf (.pdf — 79 KB)
- Investigation-into-grants-from-the-Big-Lottery-Fund-HC572-NAO.epub (.epub — 399 KB)
- ISBN: 9781904219330 [Buy a hard copy of this report]
- HC: 572, 2014-2015