The BBC’s approach to managing its workforce shows definite progress. It will need to monitor workforce changes carefully to build on the recent progress it has made.
- Progress on the government estate strategy
- Investigation into the South East Flexible Ticketing Programme
- Investigation into overseas sellers failing to charge VAT on online sales
New Work In Progress
- Forensic audit of the UKTI specialist services contract with PA Consulting
- Investigation: Clinical correspondence handling at NHS Shared Business Services
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport: National Lottery funding of good causes
Strand Group keynote speech
Sir Amyas Morse recently spoke on 'The implications of central decision-making on the delivery of frontline services’ at the Strand Group, the Policy Institute at King's College London's signature seminar series.
Read a transcript.
Frameworks and guides to aid organisations’ self-assessment and decision-making
Outlines our recent reports and our interactive Pensions Landscape site.
Whole of Govt Accounts show what the UK government owns, owes, spends and receives.
Learn more about our work regarding taxpayer support for UK banks.
NAO Director Robert White is speaking
NAO Executive Leader Abdool Kara is speaking
‘The implications of central decision-making on the delivery of frontline services’
The role of the NAO
The National Audit Office scrutinises public spending for Parliament.
Professional training schemes
NAOdirect email alerts
Get notified by email of publications, news, events and other updates:
Code of Audit Practice and more…
- Find out about the NAO’s role and supporting guidance to local auditors.
- Learn about local authority accounts and your rights.