The National Audit Office has today published the findings from its investigation into the Department for Transport’s (the Department’s) progress in implementing the South East Flexible Ticketing Programme (the Programme). In January 2012, the Department set up the Programme to improve coordination, speed up delivery and increase take up of smart ticketing. The Department was … Read more
- Investigation into overseas sellers failing to charge VAT on online sales
- Good practice from the Excellence in Reporting in the Public Sector Award – Building Public Trust in Corporate Reporting Awards
- Vulnerable consumers in regulated industries
New Work In Progress
- Forensic audit of the UKTI specialist services contract with PA Consulting
- Managing the BBC’s workforce
- Investigation: Clinical correspondence handling at NHS Shared Business Services
Strand Group keynote speech
Sir Amyas Morse recently spoke on 'The implications of central decision-making on the delivery of frontline services’ at the Strand Group, the Policy Institute at King's College London's signature seminar series.
Read a transcript.
Frameworks and guides to aid organisations’ self-assessment and decision-making
Outlines our recent reports and our interactive Pensions Landscape site.
Whole of Govt Accounts show what the UK government owns, owes, spends and receives.
Learn more about our work regarding taxpayer support for UK banks.
NAO Director Ashley McDougall is speaking
NAO Director Robert White is speaking
‘The implications of central decision-making on the delivery of frontline services’
The role of the NAO
The National Audit Office scrutinises public spending for Parliament.
Professional training schemes
NAOdirect email alerts
Get notified by email of publications, news, events and other updates:
Code of Audit Practice and more…
- Find out about the NAO’s role and supporting guidance to local auditors.
- Learn about local authority accounts and your rights.