This Departmental Overview looks at the Cabinet Office and summarises its performance during the year ended March 2016, together with our recent reports on it.
- Local Enterprise Partnerships: census findings
- Departmental Overview 2015-16: Department for Work and Pensions
- Benefit sanctions
New Work In Progress
- Planning for 100% local retention of business rates
- Securing Value For Money from non-competitive procurement in defence
- Research and development: funding and oversight across government
Learn more about our work regarding taxpayer support for UK banks.
Frameworks and guides to aid organisations’ self-assessment and decision-making
Whole of Govt Accounts show what the UK government owns, owes, spends and receives.
NAO Director Aileen Murphie is speaking
NAO Audit Manager Mark Parrett is speaking
NAO Audit Manager Simon Bittlestone is speaking
The role of the NAO
The National Audit Office scrutinises public spending for Parliament.
NAOdirect email alerts
Get notified by email of publications, news, events and other updates:
Professional training schemes
Code of Audit Practice and more…
- Find out about the NAO’s role and supporting guidance to local auditors.
- Learn about council accounts and your rights.