The NAO Annual Report and Accounts 2017-18 highlights that during the year we certified 370 accounts, published 65 reports and 32 guides on a wide range of public expenditure issues, supported 51 evidence sessions of the Committee of Public Accounts and met our efficiency targets. Our recommendations and reports on good practice helped government improve public services, and our work led to audited savings of £741 million in 2017-18.Jump to downloads
“2017-18 was a year of extraordinary change in UK public life, and we at the NAO have been ‘in the thick of it!’. We are getting more and more fluent at dealing with change, and focussing on what a changing environment means to the bodies we audit and the public sector. This makes our work more challenging, but also more relevant and helpful.
“Our aim is to use our work to help shape the future of the NAO and, to a significant extent, that of the public sector as well. In doing so, the Leadership Team, the Board and I are deeply grateful to all our NAO colleagues for what they are contributing to take us ahead.”Amyas Morse, head of the National Audit Office
Today we also publish two complementary corporate reports covering our performance during 2017-18: the NAO’s Transparency Report and the Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report.
The Transparency Report shows how our audit work has met the highest professional standards expected of us and made significant impact during the year, both in terms of public sector improvement and transparency in the way public funds are spent, on behalf of the taxpayer.
The Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report summarises activities and achievements in the last year of our three-year Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, launched in 2015.
Amyas Morse, head of the National Audit Office
- Annual report - NAO Annual Report and Accounts 2017-18 (.pdf — 14 MB)
- ePub - NAO Annual Report and Accounts 2017-18 (.epub — 12 MB)
- Interactive pdf -NAO Annual Report and Accounts 2017-18 - Highlights (.pdf — 955 KB)
- Environmental Data- Environmental Sustainability 2017-18 Data (.pdf — 204 KB)
- Transparency report - NAO Transparency Report 2017-18 (.pdf — 4 MB)
- Modern slavery report -The National Audit Office modern slavery and human trafficking statement 2017-18 (.pdf — 113 KB)