A briefing on the rationale, costs and benefits of the Private Finance Initiative; the use of and impact of PFI, and ability to make savings from operational contracts; and the introduction of PF2. There are currently over 700 operational PFI and PF2 deals, with a capital value of around £60 billion and annual charges for these deals amounted to £10.3 billion in 2016-17. Even if no new deals are entered into, future charges which continue until the 2040s amount to £199 billion.
18 January 2018
- Delivering STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) skills for the economy
- National College for Teaching and Leadership Accounts
- The Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern rail franchise
New Work In Progress
- Smart Meters
- Ensuring sufficient skilled military personnel in the Armed Forces
- The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
Strand Group keynote speech
Sir Amyas Morse recently spoke on 'The implications of central decision-making on the delivery of frontline services’ at the Strand Group, the Policy Institute at King's College London's signature seminar series.
Read a transcript.
Frameworks and guides to aid organisations’ self-assessment and decision-making
This interactive data visualisation presents an overview of planned changes to the jobcentre estate in England.
Whole of Govt Accounts show what the UK government owns, owes, spends and receives.
Our work on exiting the EU (Brexit) can be found here
Oliver Lodge, NAO Director for Justice, will give a keynote speech on ‘Striving to Raise Standards of Mental Health Care Within Prisons’.
Candidates interested in applying for an Analyst role at the NAO are warmly invited to this Open Evening in Newcastle.
Register now for the next conference for academic, public and private sector analysts in the north east of England.
The role of the NAO
The National Audit Office scrutinises public spending for Parliament.
Professional training schemes
NAOdirect email alerts
Get notified by email of publications, news, events and other updates:
Code of Audit Practice and more…
- Find out about the NAO’s role and supporting guidance to local auditors.
- Learn about local authority accounts and your rights.