The Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy has not achieved value for money for its £100 million spend on the second competition for government financial support for carbon capture storage.
- Housing in England: overview
- Investigation into HMRC’s contract with Concentrix
- Memorandum: Service Family Accommodation update
New Work In Progress
- Sustainability within the Ministry of Justice
- VAT evasion by overseas online retailers
- Update on the Thameslink Programme
Learn more about our work regarding taxpayer support for UK banks.
Frameworks and guides to aid organisations’ self-assessment and decision-making
Whole of Govt Accounts show what the UK government owns, owes, spends and receives.
NAO Audit Manager Mark Parrett is speaking
NAO Audit Manager Simon Bittlestone is speaking
NAO Director Ashley McDougall is speaking
The role of the NAO
The National Audit Office scrutinises public spending for Parliament.
NAOdirect email alerts
Get notified by email of publications, news, events and other updates:
Professional training schemes
Code of Audit Practice and more…
- Find out about the NAO’s role and supporting guidance to local auditors.
- Learn about council accounts and your rights.