HM Revenue & Customs’ (HMRC’s) contract with Synnex-Concentrix UK Ltd was terminated in November 2016. The contract was designed to add capacity to HMRC’s programme of interventions to prevent or detect error and fraud in personal tax credits awards. HMRC estimated that the contract would save £1 billion over its three year life time and an estimated £193 million, excluding Concentrix’s costs, had been saved by the time of contract termination.
- Memorandum: Service Family Accommodation update
- National Citizen Service
- Briefing for the Women and Equalities Committee: The Equality and Human Rights Commission
New Work In Progress
- Sustainability within the Ministry of Justice
- VAT evasion by overseas online retailers
- Update on the Thameslink Programme
Learn more about our work regarding taxpayer support for UK banks.
Frameworks and guides to aid organisations’ self-assessment and decision-making
Whole of Govt Accounts show what the UK government owns, owes, spends and receives.
NAO Audit Manager Mark Parrett is joint Chair
NAO Director Aileen Murphie is speaking
NAO Audit Manager Mark Parrett is speaking
The role of the NAO
The National Audit Office scrutinises public spending for Parliament.
NAOdirect email alerts
Get notified by email of publications, news, events and other updates:
Professional training schemes
Code of Audit Practice and more…
- Find out about the NAO’s role and supporting guidance to local auditors.
- Learn about council accounts and your rights.