The Cabinet Office are responsible for the Business Appointment Rules, but have not published any guidelines, and have no oversight of departmental compliance.
- Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General on the 2016-17 Accounts of High Speed Two (HS2) Limited
- Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General: Whole of Government Accounts 2015-16
- Managing the Official Development Assistance target a report on progress
New Work In Progress
Strand Group keynote speech
Sir Amyas Morse recently spoke on 'The implications of central decision-making on the delivery of frontline services’ at the Strand Group, the Policy Institute at King's College London's signature seminar series.
Read a transcript.
Frameworks and guides to aid organisations’ self-assessment and decision-making
Outlines our recent reports and our interactive Pensions Landscape site.
Whole of Govt Accounts show what the UK government owns, owes, spends and receives.
Learn more about our work regarding taxpayer support for UK banks.
NAO Director Jenny George is speaking
NAO Executive Leader Abdool Kara is speaking
‘The implications of central decision-making on the delivery of frontline services’
The role of the NAO
The National Audit Office scrutinises public spending for Parliament.
Professional training schemes
NAOdirect email alerts
Get notified by email of publications, news, events and other updates:
Code of Audit Practice and more…
- Find out about the NAO’s role and supporting guidance to local auditors.
- Learn about local authority accounts and your rights.