This Departmental Overview looks at the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and summarises its performance during the year ended March 2016, together with our recent reports on it.
- Local Enterprise Partnerships: census findings
- Benefit sanctions
- Departmental Overview 2015-16: Foreign & Commonwealth Office
New Work In Progress
- Research and development: funding and oversight across government
- Evaluating the government balance sheet: Borrowing
- Capability in the Civil Service
Learn more about our work regarding taxpayer support for UK banks.
Frameworks and guides to aid organisations’ self-assessment and decision-making
Whole of Govt Accounts show what the UK government owns, owes, spends and receives.
NAO Director Jeremy Lonsdale is speaking
NAO Director Joshua Reddaway is speaking
NAO Director Aileen Murphie is speaking
The role of the NAO
The National Audit Office scrutinises public spending for Parliament.
NAOdirect email alerts
Get notified by email of publications, news, events and other updates:
Professional training schemes
Code of Audit Practice and more…
- Find out about the NAO’s role and supporting guidance to local auditors.
- Learn about council accounts and your rights.