The government has missed opportunities to exploit the full potential of the Levy Control Framework and this has contributed to decisions which have not secured value for money.
- Departmental Overview 2015-16: Department for Transport
- Departmental Overview 2015-16: Ministry of Defence
- Departmental Overview 2015-16: HM Treasury
New Work In Progress
Learn more about our work regarding taxpayer support for UK banks.
Frameworks and guides to aid organisations’ self-assessment and decision-making
Whole of Govt Accounts show what the UK government owns, owes, spends and receives.
Director Max Tse is speaking
NAO Director Oliver Lodge is speaking
NAO Director Tim Phillips is speaking
The role of the NAO
The National Audit Office scrutinises public spending for Parliament.
NAOdirect email alerts
Get notified by email of publications, news, events and other updates:
Professional training schemes
Code of Audit Practice and more…
- Find out about the NAO’s role and supporting guidance to local auditors.
- Learn about council accounts and your rights.