The Department must make the best use of the capital funding it has available by continuing to increase the use of data to inform its funding decisions and by creating places where it can demonstrate that they will have the greatest impact.
- NAO work on transition grant and rural services delivery grant
- Investigation into the Department for International Development’s approach to tackling fraud
- Health and social care integration
New Work In Progress
Frameworks and guides to aid organisations’ self-assessment and decision-making
Outlines our recent reports and our interactive Pensions Landscape site.
Whole of Govt Accounts show what the UK government owns, owes, spends and receives.
Learn more about our work regarding taxpayer support for UK banks.
NAO Director Aileen Murphie is speaking
NAO Audit Manager Mark Parrett is speaking
NAO Senior Analyst Andrea Demurtas is speaking
The role of the NAO
The National Audit Office scrutinises public spending for Parliament.
Strand Group keynote speech
Sir Amyas Morse recently spoke on 'The implications of central decision-making on the delivery of frontline services’ at the Strand Group, the Policy Institute at King's College London's signature seminar series.
Read a transcript.
Professional training schemes
NAOdirect email alerts
Get notified by email of publications, news, events and other updates:
Code of Audit Practice and more…
- Find out about the NAO’s role and supporting guidance to local auditors.
- Learn about council accounts and your rights.