The Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Annual Report 2020-21 focuses on our achievements in the final year of our previous D&I Strategy 2018-21.
The past year has seen a step change in commitment and momentum and a strong platform put in place for our new D&I Strategy 2021-25 to be successful.
This report provides a candid assessment of our current position, and the challenges we face as an organisation in achieving our ambitions to be an exemplar employer in D&I.
Key highlights over the past year include:
- Developing our race equality and disability equality action plans which form an integral part of our new five-year Diversity & Inclusion Strategy, launched in June 2021
- Improving the diversity of our graduate intake and experienced hire programmes, supported by the introduction of new recruitment protocols
- Building on the success of our internship and work experience programmes, focussed on social mobility and ethnicity
- Achieving progress against our targets for increased representation of women and ethnic minorities at senior levels of the organisation
- Implementing our new corporate values, including a value of “inclusion and respect”, integrating this into our people processes and developments
- Successfully concluding our first diversity mentoring programme, giving leaders a much richer insight into the lives and experiences of colleagues
- Publishing our first ethnicity pay gap
We will continue to build on this initial progress to achieve our vision of an NAO which values an increasingly diverse workforce and fosters a culture of inclusion and respect, supporting our overarching five-year Strategy 2020-25.